NASBLA Roundtable

View Only
  • 1.  Boating Access Grant - Donation from 501c and Federal Agency as Subrecipient

Posted 04-04-2023 04:30 PM

I'm working on a boating access project where a national wildlife refuge will be the subrecipient of the grant and a third-party 501c has offered to fund the 25% match for the project.

Does anyone have experience with projects involving boating access on federal properties that are under the management of a federal agency, or of a situation that is comparable?

<quillbot-extension-portal></quillbot-extension-portal>

------------------------------
    Nathan Copeland
    Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

• 2.  RE: Boating Access Grant - Donation from 501c and Federal Agency as Subrecipient

Posted 04-05-2023 12:03 PM

We don't have any experience with a project on federal property, I'm guessing this is federally funded?  If you haven't already, it may help to talk to your WSFR regional rep (if using WSFR federal funds).  We did explore partnering with the USFS and confirmed we could use federal dollars to maintain boat ramps on federal lands, but that's as much experience as we can offer.

Rachel Bryant
    FL Fish & Wildlife

• 3.  RE: Boating Access Grant - Donation from 501c and Federal Agency as Subrecipient

Posted 04-18-2023 01:36 PM
    Hi, I manage the federal Boating Access grant program in Maryland. We passed through SFR Boating Access funding to a federal agency because the boat ramp is owned and managed by that agency and the ramp is located in Maryland. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any help.

Li Lan

Li Lan Carson

Southern Region Administrator

Fed. BA & BIG Coordinator

Ctr. for Waterway Improvement & Infrastructure

Chesapeake & Coastal Service

Maryland Department of Natural Resources

580 Taylor Ave, E-2

Office: 410-260-8452

Cell: 301-789-7664

Email: lilan.carson@maryland.gov

Website | Facebook | Twitter